Weebly.com Scam?

I love designing and writing and one of my passions is creating blogs and websites. Although, I don't have the money to pay for web hosting and domain names for all of my projects. This makes sites such as blogspot.com very appealing to me. Blogspot is an amazing site for creating blogs, but does not have the option for creating a website. Recently I came across a website that does offer free websites, Weebly.com. Weebly.com is very well put together and makes it very easy to design a website in a fairly short amount of time. Like many people after spending time designing and adding content to my site I also add adsense in the hope that I can make a small profit for my work. Weebly.com makes it very easy to intergrate your adsense ads into your page. When my site was finished I logged into adsense.com to activate Weebly and noticed that I would only receive 50% of my adsense revenue, what a scam. Yes, when you use Weebly they get half of your money. Out of all the free website sites I have used I have never had to share my adsense earning. I might not have been so upset if they had been straight forward instead of sneaking it in at the end. Scam or not... you decide. In my opinion this is definitely a scam.

2 comments:

SAN said...

yes it is a SCAM.

Anonymous said...

It costs money for Weebly to provide the infrastructure and support staff to run your FREE website. If you're not paying for it, that money must come from somewhere. Most free web hosts plaster ads all over your website and the host keeps all the revenue. Weebly doesn't require you to have ads on your site and if you choose to have ads, you share in the revenue. That's how they're able to offer so many services for free and keep their upgrade prices low (~$40/year for 10 sites?!?!) In my experience, they have not been sneaky about the Adsense revenue share at all. They're very up-front about it and when you upgrade, they'll assist you in bypassing the revenue share. Far from being a scam!

Post a Comment